Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Optometry


Yesterday I became a patient for my friend who is doing optometry. She is having a test yesterday thus she asked me to help and it is really my honour. She will be the future to be optometrist. However she hates that. Well, it was a great experience for me.

The optometry test lab is located at the 8th floor. Once I entered into the building, all I saw is green! I was surrounded by GREEN. LOL. I don't quite like green personally thus this comment is a personal one. And there are a lot of doors. What I mean is 5 to 6 in just one single room. Despite that, all the future-to-be optometrists are very professional. Actually an eye test is not a new thing to me for I am wearing specs myself. Yesterday, my friend really impressed me. The tests they carried out are a detailed evaluation of human eyes. She used an equipment (that is what I called it) which looks like a special torch light to look right into my pupils and to see my nerves. This process is a very exhausting one for the two of us as I have to keep my eyes wide open and stare hard at a point and she has to stare hard into the tool and check my nerves. Both of us were sweating after this test though the lab has a centralized air-conditioning system. According to her, the tool is used to check the health of nerves of the patient. And mine are in a good physical shape.

The test lasted for 2 hours plus. Though I just sit there, it was still strenuous. By contrast, it was a pretty amazing experience for me. One more thing, I have to go back for the test next monday and this time the lecturer wants to test me. I hope everything goes smoothly then.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I like green. Not because there're a saying that green is good to your eye/sight/vision. It's just a comfort, doesn't necessary enhance anything.

You didn't tell me you have a test. If so, I wouldn't have call you. That's very inconsiderate of me. So sorry!

The air-conditioning is in bad shape right now, so I ask apology to you on behalf of my 'idiotic' school. It's so obvious that I'm this idiot optometrist-to-be. Alas, I do hate every minute of being an optometrist.

Thanks a lot for being my subject/patient. ^^ You're a good friend.

h!eL!ng said...

Oh no... really sorry to make u misunderstand...LOL... I don't have any test yet until 29th of April, so don't worry. Cos u told me in the car that maybe ur lecturer is going to examine my eyes again because the results are not tally... so what i mean is i thought maybe i will go back to have the eye test again...
I want to apologize to u that i caused you trouble, I do need to improve my english seriously...